Thankfully, paranoia was true to its very definition. I would say that everything fell into place nicely, without much need for brain cracking or desperation. From the settling in, placing decorations, mingling with friends, cake cutting, cake smashing and, erm, late night events, everything kind of transited seamlessly from one to the other. Thank goodness, too, that my mind did not go into a whitewash when I gave my speech. I had been mentally going through the key points which I had hoped to cover for a few days prior to that, so even though I wished that I had said more, the gist of whatever I wanted to bring across was more or less there.
So yeah, I guess it was an awesome event :D
It was almost surreal to have a congregation of so many of your friends who have been a part of your (not very long) life. Perhaps this is the closest to time travel we would ever get, seeing friends from different chapters of your life gathering together in one small place.
But then of course, something does not require anything even remotely similar to time travel, because it transcends time itself - family.
I really think that I have one of the most awesome group of parents and siblings there can ever be. They are ever supportive of my decisions, and try to their best of abilities to help me out when I am lacking. This birthday get-together (I would not say party, I had always wanted it to be more for me to see all my friends, and for my friends to meet one another, regardless if they have met before or not; it was more of a celebration of family and friendship) was the epitome of my family's love for me, but do not get me wrong. It was not as if I needed proof of their love.
Mum, Dad, my sisters, I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment